TOTAL TIME: 2 hours, 20 minutes
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 2 hours
1 whole chicken, cut up
2 onions, diced
4 cloves of diced garlic
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
4 cups of water
salt and pepper, to taste
cup of flour
1 tsp. dried thyme
bunch green onions, chopped
3 stalks celery, diced
1 cup red wine
cup olive oil
cup parsley, chopped
4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into fourths
1 package carrot hearts
3 chicken bullion cubes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place olive oil in a large pan on the stove and heat on medium.3. Add garlic to the oil once it heats.
4. Salt and pepper chicken; place in pan.
5. Fry until each piece of chicken is browned on both sides.
6. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
7. Add onions and celery and cook until browned.
8. Add the bullion cubes, thyme, and flour and stir well until mixture begins to bubble.
9. Add water and red wine, stirring again, and then add chicken back to pan.
10. Add salt, pepper, onion and garlic powders and most of the chopped parsley.
11. Begin making glaze by pouring corn starch and sugar into a pot and mix well.
12. Add the carrots and potatoes and stir well.
13. Turn heat to low and cook until glaze thickens and turns clear, stirring often.
14. Top with the rest of the parsley and green onions. Place pot into preheated oven.
15. Bake for about two hours, remove and serve.
CREAMED PEAS OVER TOAST
TOTAL TIME: 20 minutes
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 15 minutes
1 package of frozen green peas
Several slices of toasted bread
4 tbsps. flour
1 tsp. salt
tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. onion powder
2 cups milk
1. Heat butter on stovetop in a pan over medium heat.
2. Add the salt, pepper, onion powder and flour while whisking.
3. Slowly add the milk and whisk well.
4. Heat until milk comes to a bowl, whisking often. Add frozen peas.
5. Cook until peas are cooked and soft, stirring occasionally.
6. Once done, serve warm over toasted bread.
MOCK APPLE PIE
TOTAL TIME: 45 minutes
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 35 minutes
2 ready-made pie crusts
1 cup sugar
1 cups of water
2 tsp. cream of tarter
35 Ritz crackers
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 cup crushed Ritz crackers
cup brown sugar
cup melted butter
DIRECTIONS1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a pot on the stove, bring water and sugar to a boil, stirring.
3. To that, add the 35 crackers, cinnamon, nutmeg, cream of tarter and lemon juice.
4. Boil for about five minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool slightly.
6. For the topping, mix the cup of crackers with brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and melted butter in a bowl.
7. Pour wet mixture into pie crusts. Top with dry topping mix.
8. Place in oven and bake for about 35 minutes, or until pies have nicely browned.
9. Remove from oven; serve warm.