- 5/19/2013 Shepard designs dream room
- 5/19/2013 Sue Jolly Award will honor student Mock Trial Team member
- 5/19/2013 Anglican Church to host homeless meeting
- 5/19/2013 North Augusta bookings
- 5/19/2013 Suspect sought in theft of Walmart cell phones
- 5/19/2013 STEMfest exposes students to principles of science, technology
- 5/19/2013 North Augusta crime blotter
- 5/19/2013 North Augusta High School hosts 309 student runners
- 5/19/2013 Predators fall to Knights in walk-off fashion
- 5/12/2013 Predators stumble against Knights, face uphill battle
- 5/12/2013 Lady Predators have to win to stay in
- 5/12/2013 Phil Schaefer reflects on North Augusta history
- 5/12/2013 North Augusta golf team’s season ends in Sumter
- 5/12/2013 NAHS grad named SEC Men’s Golf Freshman of the Year
- 5/12/2013 World’s No. 1 disc golfer pays a visit to Hippodrome
- 5/19/2013 Column: Downtown developments: Vacations less and less important
- 5/19/2013 Wrinkles: Recognizing mothers and angels
- 5/19/2013 Phragments from Phyllis: A mother’s a mother for the rest of her life
- 5/19/2013 Letter: Bring the troops home from Afghanistan
- 5/19/2013 Column: New PASS exams intended to benefit student performance
- 5/19/2013 Chaplain's corner: In his hand
Guild members place in quilt show
A number of quilters who are members of Pieceful Hearts Quilt Guild were recently recognized for their efforts at the Carolina Pines Quilters' Quilt Show, held at the Aiken County Historical Museum in October.
First place ribbon winners included:
Elaine Barksdale - Bed - twin and larger, applique and mixed technique, duet
Paula Brown - Wall hanging, applique and mixed technique, duet
Judy Rich - Whole cloth, preprinted panel, cathedral windows
Other ribbon winners were Patty Lennon, Joan Baranek, Paula Brown and Terri Jarrett.
Terri Jarrett was also awarded a ribbon for "Best Use of Color."
Paula Brown was also awarded the "Judge's Choice" ribbon.
About 30 members of the group earlier attended the Georgia Quilt Show in Duluth, Ga., which was held in the Gwinnett Center.
The Pieceful Hearts Quilt Guild meets every Thursday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at St. Bartholomew's Episcopal Church on Martintown Road in North Augusta. The exception is the December holiday party, which will be a brunch held at a member's home at 11 a.m. on Dec. 13.
The evening meetings are held every Monday from 7 to 9 p.m. at St. Bartholomew's Episcopal Church on Martintown Road in North Augusta. The exception is the December Holiday Party on Dec. 3 at a member's home.
For information, call 279-6456.