- 5/19/2013 Shepard designs dream room
- 5/19/2013 Sue Jolly Award will honor student Mock Trial Team member
- 5/19/2013 Anglican Church to host homeless meeting
- 5/19/2013 North Augusta bookings
- 5/19/2013 Suspect sought in theft of Walmart cell phones
- 5/19/2013 STEMfest exposes students to principles of science, technology
- 5/19/2013 North Augusta crime blotter
- 5/19/2013 North Augusta High School hosts 309 student runners
- 5/19/2013 Predators fall to Knights in walk-off fashion
- 5/12/2013 Predators stumble against Knights, face uphill battle
- 5/12/2013 Lady Predators have to win to stay in
- 5/12/2013 Phil Schaefer reflects on North Augusta history
- 5/12/2013 North Augusta golf team’s season ends in Sumter
- 5/12/2013 NAHS grad named SEC Men’s Golf Freshman of the Year
- 5/12/2013 World’s No. 1 disc golfer pays a visit to Hippodrome
- 5/19/2013 Column: Downtown developments: Vacations less and less important
- 5/19/2013 Wrinkles: Recognizing mothers and angels
- 5/19/2013 Phragments from Phyllis: A mother’s a mother for the rest of her life
- 5/19/2013 Letter: Bring the troops home from Afghanistan
- 5/19/2013 Column: New PASS exams intended to benefit student performance
- 5/19/2013 Chaplain's corner: In his hand
- 5/12/2013 Column: The best of both borders
- 5/12/2013 Chaplain’s Corner: A mother’s joy
- 5/12/2013 Downtown developments: Bad customer service, part two
- 5/12/2013 Letter: Riverkeeper is a benefit to North Augustans
Softball camp, dinner offered with Jennie Finch
Jennie Finch and her Olympic and professional softball teammates will be in North Augusta this weekend for a two-day softball camp, along with a "Dinner with Champions" set for Saturday night.
The camp runs from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday. It is open to girls in third grade or older. Participants should bring a glove and any other needed equipment.
The camp will be held at Riverview Park and is $175 per camper. The camp includes lunch both days, an official camp T-shirt, swag bag of goodies, autographed photo of Finch, certificate of participation and a photo taken with Finch and her medals. Campers will have a chance to ask questions, and Finch and professional coaches will provide pitching and hitting tips and demonstrations. Register at JennieFinch.com.
Then on Saturday evening at 6:30 p.m. there will be a "Dinner with Champions," which includes a silent auction for Finch items, a meet-and-greet opportunity with staff and fellow players and a chance to hear Finch. Dinner includes steak, potato, green beans, dessert and a drink. The cost is $25 per person, and the dinner is to be held at North Augusta Community Center, 495 Brookside Ave. Register for dinner by calling 441-4311 or online go to northaugusta.net. A limited number of tickets will be sold at the door.