- 5/19/2013 Shepard designs dream room
- 5/19/2013 Sue Jolly Award will honor student Mock Trial Team member
- 5/19/2013 Anglican Church to host homeless meeting
- 5/19/2013 North Augusta bookings
- 5/19/2013 Suspect sought in theft of Walmart cell phones
- 5/19/2013 STEMfest exposes students to principles of science, technology
- 5/19/2013 North Augusta crime blotter
- 5/19/2013 North Augusta High School hosts 309 student runners
- 5/19/2013 Predators fall to Knights in walk-off fashion
- 5/12/2013 Predators stumble against Knights, face uphill battle
- 5/12/2013 Lady Predators have to win to stay in
- 5/12/2013 Phil Schaefer reflects on North Augusta history
- 5/12/2013 North Augusta golf team’s season ends in Sumter
- 5/12/2013 NAHS grad named SEC Men’s Golf Freshman of the Year
- 5/12/2013 World’s No. 1 disc golfer pays a visit to Hippodrome
- 5/19/2013 Column: Downtown developments: Vacations less and less important
- 5/19/2013 Wrinkles: Recognizing mothers and angels
- 5/19/2013 Phragments from Phyllis: A mother’s a mother for the rest of her life
- 5/19/2013 Letter: Bring the troops home from Afghanistan
- 5/19/2013 Column: New PASS exams intended to benefit student performance
- 5/19/2013 Chaplain's corner: In his hand
- 5/12/2013 Column: The best of both borders
- 5/12/2013 Chaplain’s Corner: A mother’s joy
- 5/12/2013 Downtown developments: Bad customer service, part two
- 5/12/2013 Letter: Riverkeeper is a benefit to North Augustans
Security Federal announces quarterly earnings
Security Federal Corporation, the holding company for Security Federal Bank, has announced earnings for the six month and quarterly periods ended Sept. 30.
The Company reported net income available to common shareholders of $1.2 million or $0.40 per common share (basic) for the six months ended Sept. 30, an increase of $521,000 or 78.9 percent when compared to net income of $660,000 or $0.22 per common share (basic) for the six months ended Sept. 30, 2011. For the three months ended Sept. 30, net income available to common shareholders increased $252,000 or 81.8 percent to $560,000 compared to $308,000 for the three months ended Sept. 30, 2011. The increases in both periods were primarily the result of a decrease in the provision for loan losses.
Non-performing assets, which consist of non-accrual loans and repossessed assets, increased $1.6 million or 4.4 percent to $38.4 million at Sept. 30,from $36.8 million at March 31, and decreased from $42.0 million at June 30.
Net interest margin decreased 33 basis points to 2.82 percent for the six months ended Sept. 30 and 27 basis points to 2.83 percent for the quarter ended Sept. 30, when compared to the same periods in 2011. The decreases in margin are primarily a result of the significant decrease in loans. Total loans receivable, net, decreased $25.5 million or 5.9 percent to $403.0 million for the six months ended Sept. 30.
Non-interest income for the six-months and quarter ended Sept. 30, decreased $103,000 or 3.7 percent and $14,000 or 0.9 percent, respectively, compared to the same periods in 2011 primarily as the result of a decrease in the gain on sale of investments.
Total assets at Sept. 30were $904.2 million compared to $924.6 million at March 31, a decrease of $20.4 million or 2.2 percent for the six-month period.
For additional information contact Roy Lindburg, Chief Financial Officer, at (803) 641-3070