- 5/19/2013 Shepard designs dream room
- 5/19/2013 Sue Jolly Award will honor student Mock Trial Team member
- 5/19/2013 Anglican Church to host homeless meeting
- 5/19/2013 North Augusta bookings
- 5/19/2013 Suspect sought in theft of Walmart cell phones
- 5/19/2013 STEMfest exposes students to principles of science, technology
- 5/19/2013 North Augusta crime blotter
- 5/19/2013 North Augusta High School hosts 309 student runners
- 5/19/2013 Predators fall to Knights in walk-off fashion
- 5/12/2013 Predators stumble against Knights, face uphill battle
- 5/12/2013 Lady Predators have to win to stay in
- 5/12/2013 Phil Schaefer reflects on North Augusta history
- 5/12/2013 North Augusta golf team’s season ends in Sumter
- 5/12/2013 NAHS grad named SEC Men’s Golf Freshman of the Year
- 5/12/2013 World’s No. 1 disc golfer pays a visit to Hippodrome
- 5/19/2013 Column: Downtown developments: Vacations less and less important
- 5/19/2013 Wrinkles: Recognizing mothers and angels
- 5/19/2013 Phragments from Phyllis: A mother’s a mother for the rest of her life
- 5/19/2013 Letter: Bring the troops home from Afghanistan
- 5/19/2013 Column: New PASS exams intended to benefit student performance
- 5/19/2013 Chaplain's corner: In his hand
Taking note for Oct. 25
Mossy Creek Elementary
Red Ribbon Week - Students dress up each day of the week -
Monday - Favorite Team Attire
Tuesday - Camouflage
Wednesday - Red and Boots
Thursday - Crazy Hat
Friday - 80's Day
Trick or Treat Night at Mossy Creek is this Thursday. A haunted house will run from 5 to 7:30 p.m. The cost of admission is $2. The cost to trick-or-treat is $2 per child or $5 for the entire family.
The school has changed the date for the carnival to Nov. 4 from 2 to 5 p.m.
100 Book Club - Paola Ramirez, Grace Harrell, Blakely Holton, Adriana Martinez, Tyla Holmes, Zsa-Kiana Williams, Jaylen Bunch, Will Stallings, Colby Hawes, Kasey Newbegin
Second Grade Parents are asked to make every effort to get their students to school on the test dates of Oct. 24-26 and Nov. 7-9.
The PTO is asking for silent auction items for the Fall Carnival. To donate an item or item(s), contact Teresa Larsen at firstname.lastname@example.org. Already donated for the silent auction are four Park Hopper Passes for Disney Parks, $100 gift certificate from Portrait Innovations, four tickets to Zoo Atlanta, Coffee Basket from Keurig, $500 gift certificate to Great Wolf Lodge in North Carolina, autographed framed picture of Steve Spurrier, autographed football from Coach Richt, an autographed Clemson Football, autographed pictures from Samuel L Jackson, Vince Vaughn, Elijah Wood, Charlie Sheen, Ashton Kutcher and more.
Newly named Hammond Hill Ambassadors ae fifth graders Caleb Waldrop, Raelin Lanham, Santos Diaz, Brayden Poorvin and Yazmin McCumber. These students have been nominated by their teachers to represent Hammond Hill during special events such as Grandparents Day, Vterans Day and Science Day.
The school book fair sales netted $`1,500. Volunteers who assisted include Michele Douglas, Stephanie Hudlow, Wendy Lord, Rebecca Peace, Cecelia Powell, Kristi Crowder, Ann Diamond, Amy Padget, Suzanne Kenrick, Yvonne Pukett, Rebecca King, Linda Crouch, Theresa Calhoun, Carolyn Wiggins, Kristy Preissler, Andrea Baxley, Holly Prickett, Sandrine Johnston, Peggy Jonson, Cheryl Lindler, Julie Lock, Haley Peck, Debbie Kennedy, Sue Anne Beym, Paula Livingston, Kim Beavers, Amy Lucas, Lisa Gregory, Buff Farrow, Rick Thomas, Karen Green, Suzanne Fowler and Yolanda Swansom.
Dec. 1 is the annual Carnival Cookies with Santa event from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Student Council representatives are - Third grade: Caryssa Luke, Pax Rogers, Dayton Barrett, Peyton Zuehlke, Haley Ragsdale, ia Williams, Addison Cooper, Jackson Cooper; fourth grade: Jacob Boyette, Sarah Dearman, Zoe Mitsakos, Robbie Hardy, Jordan Price, Lane Hall, Athena Crow, Connor Dixon; fifth grade: Carson Kelly, Grayson Johnston, Laurel Wall, Savannah Bagwell, Dezmon Quiller, Hannah Littleton, Charles Hammond, Jenna Brown.
Picture make-up day at Pual Knox is Nov. 9.
There will be a parent meeting on Tuesday, Oct. 30 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. The topics to be covered include pressures teens encounter today, helping teens resist peer pressure and making good decisions, and encouraging teens to abstain from unsafe and unproductive lifestyles.
Boys basketball tryouts are 5 to 6:30 p.m. Nov. 7-9. Girls tryouts are Nov. 5, 7 and 8 from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. \
The Dirty Brushes Art Club will have a meeting on Tuesday, Nov. 13 after school.Girl basketball tryouts will be held beginning Oct. 30 at 3:30 p.m. in the gym. All girls must have a valid and current physical before trying out. This is for seventh and eighth grade girls only.
Fall make-up pictures will be Nov. 16.
Boy's basketball tryouts will be held beginning Nov. 1 at 3:30 p.m. in the gym. All boys must have a valid and current physical before trying out. This is for seventh and eighth grade girls only. Students' rides must beat the school to pick them up by 5 p.m. on the day of tryouts.
The final deadline for eighth grade baby ads is Oct. 31.