- 5/19/2013 Shepard designs dream room
- 5/19/2013 Sue Jolly Award will honor student Mock Trial Team member
- 5/19/2013 Anglican Church to host homeless meeting
- 5/19/2013 North Augusta bookings
- 5/19/2013 Suspect sought in theft of Walmart cell phones
- 5/19/2013 STEMfest exposes students to principles of science, technology
- 5/19/2013 North Augusta crime blotter
- 5/19/2013 North Augusta High School hosts 309 student runners
- 5/19/2013 Predators fall to Knights in walk-off fashion
- 5/12/2013 Predators stumble against Knights, face uphill battle
- 5/12/2013 Lady Predators have to win to stay in
- 5/12/2013 Phil Schaefer reflects on North Augusta history
- 5/12/2013 North Augusta golf team’s season ends in Sumter
- 5/12/2013 NAHS grad named SEC Men’s Golf Freshman of the Year
- 5/12/2013 World’s No. 1 disc golfer pays a visit to Hippodrome
- 5/19/2013 Column: Downtown developments: Vacations less and less important
- 5/19/2013 Wrinkles: Recognizing mothers and angels
- 5/19/2013 Phragments from Phyllis: A mother’s a mother for the rest of her life
- 5/19/2013 Letter: Bring the troops home from Afghanistan
- 5/19/2013 Column: New PASS exams intended to benefit student performance
- 5/19/2013 Chaplain's corner: In his hand
- 5/12/2013 Column: The best of both borders
- 5/12/2013 Chaplain’s Corner: A mother’s joy
- 5/12/2013 Downtown developments: Bad customer service, part two
- 5/12/2013 Letter: Riverkeeper is a benefit to North Augustans
The Growl for Oct. 18
This week in weekly reader, students were asked, "Should the school day be longer?" In my opinion, I think that kids should not have to stay longer than we already do. I think that would be unfair. Read on to see why I think the school day should not be longer.
The first reason the school day should not be longer is that kids have short attention spans, and don't need to sit at a desk longer than they already do. They would go crazy and so would the teachers. A person can only pay attention for so long.
The second reason is that kids need family time, too. Kids have to help with chores.
The third reason is that education is not just found at school. It is found at other places like learning to play football where you have to learn cooperation. Kids also learn how to get along with others and how to be a friend.
In conclusion, the school day shouldn't be any longer because a kids can only pay attention for only so long, education doesn't just come from school and because everybody needs time at home with their family. Making the school day longer would be crazy.