- 5/19/2013 Shepard designs dream room
- 5/19/2013 Sue Jolly Award will honor student Mock Trial Team member
- 5/19/2013 Anglican Church to host homeless meeting
- 5/19/2013 North Augusta bookings
- 5/19/2013 Suspect sought in theft of Walmart cell phones
- 5/19/2013 STEMfest exposes students to principles of science, technology
- 5/19/2013 North Augusta crime blotter
- 5/19/2013 North Augusta High School hosts 309 student runners
- 5/19/2013 Predators fall to Knights in walk-off fashion
- 5/12/2013 Predators stumble against Knights, face uphill battle
- 5/12/2013 Lady Predators have to win to stay in
- 5/12/2013 Phil Schaefer reflects on North Augusta history
- 5/12/2013 North Augusta golf team’s season ends in Sumter
- 5/12/2013 NAHS grad named SEC Men’s Golf Freshman of the Year
- 5/12/2013 World’s No. 1 disc golfer pays a visit to Hippodrome
- 5/5/2013 Lady Jackets bow out of playoffs following extra-innings loss
- 5/19/2013 Column: Downtown developments: Vacations less and less important
- 5/19/2013 Wrinkles: Recognizing mothers and angels
- 5/19/2013 Phragments from Phyllis: A mother’s a mother for the rest of her life
- 5/19/2013 Letter: Bring the troops home from Afghanistan
- 5/19/2013 Column: New PASS exams intended to benefit student performance
- 5/19/2013 Chaplain's corner: In his hand
- 5/12/2013 Column: The best of both borders
- 5/12/2013 Chaplain’s Corner: A mother’s joy
- 5/12/2013 Downtown developments: Bad customer service, part two
- 5/12/2013 Letter: Riverkeeper is a benefit to North Augustans
March 6: Calendar Briefs
Monday, March 11
The Pieceful Hearts Quilting Guild meets every Monday from 7 to 9 p.m. and every Thursday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at St. Bartholomew's Episcopal Church. All are welcome. For more information, call 279-6456 or 706-790-4975.
Saturday, March 16
9 a.m. - 5K run/walk to benefit a Hatian orphanageA five-kilometer run/walk to benefit an orphanage in Haiti is set for Saturday, March 16, on the Greeneway. Starting time is 9 a.m. at Riverview Park Activities Center, and breakfast will be provided by Chick-fil-A. Registration, which can be done at www.strictlyrunning.com, is $30 in advance and includes a T-shirt. Information is available by e-mail, at firstname.lastname@example.org a.m. to 11 a.m. - Optimist club hosts breakfastThe Optimist Club of North Augusta is to play host March 16 to an all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast (also include sausage and milk, orange juice or coffee) to raise money for the club's youth projects. Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, at 1002 Carolina Avenue, will be the host site. Hours are 7-11 a.m. Tickets, at $5, are available from club members and will also be available at the door.2 p.m. and 7 p.m. - Midland valley dance showTickets now on sale for "An Afternoon and Evening of Dance" on March 16 at Midland Valley High School. Shows are at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. This is a part of the Burns Dance Studio Performing Company Showcase. All tickets are $10. There will be a silent auction viewing one half hour before the show. For more information, call 439-4010 or the studio 648-7659.
Tuesday, March 19
The Beech Island Historical Society will meet Tuesday, March 19 at 7:30 p.m. at the society's History & Visitors Center located at 144 Old Jackson Highway in Beech Island. Featured speaker will be Elizabeth Laney, interpreter at Redcliffe Plantation State Historic Site in Beech Island, who will talk on Redcliffe roots, Redcliffe families and genealogy. The public is invited to attend. For more information, contact Jackie Bartley at (803) 827-0184.
Thursday, March 21
The Belvedere Fire District Commissioners will meet at 6 p.m. on Thursday, March 21 at the Fire Department located at 204 Hampton Ave. The public is welcome. For more information, call 803-279-5505.
Saturday, March 23
North Augusta High's Miss NASH Pageant will be Saturday, March 23 at 6:30 p.m. in the school auditorium. Tickets are $10 each and will be on sale at Communigraphics and Jim Bush Florist beginning in March.Saturday, April 27The RECing Crew will present their 9th Annual Sweet Celebrations, April 27 from 6-10 p.m. at the North Augusta Community Center, 495 Brookside Drive. Treat yourself to an evening of delicious desserts from local businesses including A Piece of Cake, Angie's Lil Slice of heave, Antonio's, BBQ Barn, Boll Weevil, French Market Grille, Jennifer Cakes, Kyndra Shed, Louise Odom, Nannie Birds Bakery, Publix Bakery, Sandra "Sam" Standard, Tastefully Done, Very Vera, and more. Shop the wide array of themed baskets offered at our Silent Auction from 6-8 p.m. Entertainment will feature Elvis Presley and The Crew Chorus. Admission tickets are $10 (children 5 and under are admitted free) and can be purchased at Communigraphics, Jim Bush Florist, Parks Pharmacy and the North Augusta Chamber of Commerce. All proceeds benefit The RECing Crew, a non-profit organization that provides leisure and recreational programs for individuals with disabilities from North Augusta and the surrounding area. For additional information, contact Pamela Stickler, Sweet Celebrations Chairman, at 803-279-8820.