- 5/19/2013 Shepard designs dream room
- 5/19/2013 Sue Jolly Award will honor student Mock Trial Team member
- 5/19/2013 Anglican Church to host homeless meeting
- 5/19/2013 North Augusta bookings
- 5/19/2013 Suspect sought in theft of Walmart cell phones
- 5/19/2013 STEMfest exposes students to principles of science, technology
- 5/19/2013 North Augusta crime blotter
- 5/19/2013 North Augusta High School hosts 309 student runners
- 5/19/2013 Predators fall to Knights in walk-off fashion
- 5/12/2013 Predators stumble against Knights, face uphill battle
- 5/12/2013 Lady Predators have to win to stay in
- 5/12/2013 Phil Schaefer reflects on North Augusta history
- 5/12/2013 North Augusta golf team’s season ends in Sumter
- 5/12/2013 NAHS grad named SEC Men’s Golf Freshman of the Year
- 5/12/2013 World’s No. 1 disc golfer pays a visit to Hippodrome
- 5/5/2013 Lady Jackets bow out of playoffs following extra-innings loss
- 5/19/2013 Column: Downtown developments: Vacations less and less important
- 5/19/2013 Wrinkles: Recognizing mothers and angels
- 5/19/2013 Phragments from Phyllis: A mother’s a mother for the rest of her life
- 5/19/2013 Letter: Bring the troops home from Afghanistan
- 5/19/2013 Column: New PASS exams intended to benefit student performance
- 5/19/2013 Chaplain's corner: In his hand
- 5/12/2013 Column: The best of both borders
- 5/12/2013 Chaplain’s Corner: A mother’s joy
- 5/12/2013 Downtown developments: Bad customer service, part two
- 5/12/2013 Letter: Riverkeeper is a benefit to North Augustans
Carroll receives Public Spirit Award at conference
Members of the American Legion Auxiliary Department of South Carolina attended the Public Spirit Award Luncheon at the Washington, D.C., conference on Feb. 25.
Each year at its Washington, D.C., conference, the American Legion Auxiliary presents the Public Spirit Award which recognizes outstanding organizations and/or individuals for contributions that positively impact our communities through service to the military, veterans and their families.
The Auxiliary celebrates those who make a difference through a creative body of work or even a single generous act.
The American Legion Auxiliary 2013 Public Spirit Award recipient was Bonnie Carroll.
Carroll is president and founder of the Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS), the national Veterans Service Organization providing peer-based emotional support, grief and trauma resources and information, casualty casework assistance and crisis intervention for all those affected by the death of a loved one serving in, or in support of, the armed forces.
Carroll founded TAPS following the death of her husband, Brig. Gen. Tom Carroll, who died in an Army C-12 plane crash in 1992. She is a trained Critical Incident Stress Debriefer, member of the International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies and the American Association for Death Education and Counseling. Carroll is a major in the Air Force Reserve where she has served as Chief, Casualty Operations, HQ USAF. Prior to joining the Air Force Reserve, Carroll served 16 years in the Air National Guard.