- 5/19/2013 Shepard designs dream room
- 5/19/2013 Sue Jolly Award will honor student Mock Trial Team member
- 5/19/2013 Anglican Church to host homeless meeting
- 5/19/2013 North Augusta bookings
- 5/19/2013 Suspect sought in theft of Walmart cell phones
- 5/19/2013 STEMfest exposes students to principles of science, technology
- 5/19/2013 North Augusta crime blotter
- 5/19/2013 North Augusta High School hosts 309 student runners
- 5/19/2013 Predators fall to Knights in walk-off fashion
- 5/12/2013 Predators stumble against Knights, face uphill battle
- 5/12/2013 Lady Predators have to win to stay in
- 5/12/2013 Phil Schaefer reflects on North Augusta history
- 5/12/2013 North Augusta golf team’s season ends in Sumter
- 5/12/2013 NAHS grad named SEC Men’s Golf Freshman of the Year
- 5/12/2013 World’s No. 1 disc golfer pays a visit to Hippodrome
- 5/5/2013 Lady Jackets bow out of playoffs following extra-innings loss
- 5/19/2013 Column: Downtown developments: Vacations less and less important
- 5/19/2013 Wrinkles: Recognizing mothers and angels
- 5/19/2013 Phragments from Phyllis: A mother’s a mother for the rest of her life
- 5/19/2013 Letter: Bring the troops home from Afghanistan
- 5/19/2013 Column: New PASS exams intended to benefit student performance
- 5/19/2013 Chaplain's corner: In his hand
- 5/12/2013 Column: The best of both borders
- 5/12/2013 Chaplain’s Corner: A mother’s joy
- 5/12/2013 Downtown developments: Bad customer service, part two
- 5/12/2013 Letter: Riverkeeper is a benefit to North Augustans
We have learned about many things in science this year. One thing we learned was information about the solar system. Another thing we learned about was weather. A third topic we have learned about is electricity. These are just a few of the many topics we have learned about in science this year.
We learned a lot about the solar system. My favorite topic was phases of the moon. I also liked learning about Earth's revolution. Putting the planets in order was a little difficult, but I figured it out. Learning about the solar system was a lot of fun!
Next, we learned about weather. We started with temperature. We used a thermometer to measure it. We used other tools such as wind vanes, rain gauges and anemometers. Learning about the weather made it easier for me to understand the meteorologist when I watch the news.
The last topic we learned about was light and electricity. My favorite lesson was learning about insulators and conductors. We tested them by using metals, wood, batteries and light bulbs. I also enjoyed learning about static electricity. We blew up balloons and stuck them on our hair, shirts and other things like the wall. That was so much fun! Everyone had a great time in science that day. We also learned about electrical safety. Electricity can be very dangerous.
All of the topics we've learned about were very interesting. Science has become my favorite fourth grade subject. Mrs. Snider makes learning really fun, and I can't wait to see what we'll be learning about next.