- 5/12/2013 Golf cart stolen from park shed
- 5/12/2013 North Augusta police bookings
- 5/12/2013 Business Profile: Matt Nieman Insurance Agency aims to help people
- 5/12/2013 North Augusta police blotter
- 5/12/2013 Merriwether raises funds for Relay For Life
- 5/12/2013 Man arrested for police threats
- 5/12/2013 Lucky student wins iPod touch
- 5/12/2013 Premier Martial Arts moves a few doors down, has special guest
- 5/12/2013 Lady Predators have to win to stay in
- 5/12/2013 Phil Schaefer reflects on North Augusta history
- 5/12/2013 North Augusta golf team’s season ends in Sumter
- 5/12/2013 NAHS grad named SEC Men’s Golf Freshman of the Year
- 5/12/2013 World’s No. 1 disc golfer pays a visit to Hippodrome
- 5/5/2013 Lady Jackets bow out of playoffs following extra-innings loss
- 5/5/2013 NAHS student-athletes sign for scholarships
- 5/5/2013 Jackets knocked out of playoffs, turn to next year
- 5/12/2013 Column: The best of both borders
- 5/12/2013 Chaplain’s Corner: A mother’s joy
- 5/12/2013 Downtown developments: Bad customer service, part two
- 5/12/2013 Letter: Riverkeeper is a benefit to North Augustans
- 5/12/2013 Column: Aiken County should fight to make DOE keep it’s promises
- 5/12/2013 Wrinkles: Quirks of the English language
- 5/12/2013 Phragments with Phyllis: My mother’s legacy in life
Importance of women’s health discussed at Jan. club meeting
The North Augusta Mothers' Club held their January meeting at the home of Darren and Holly Prickett.
The meeting officially began with the introduction of the guest speaker, Dr. Paul Thaxton, who lived in North Augusta for many years before recently moving to Evans, Ga. Thaxton spoke to the group about women's health in general and focused on healthy ways to lose weight. He presented a detailed PowerPoint presentation highlighting the importance of women in this country and the importance of women's health. He explained that women are the glue that hold the family together, and it is important for women to see themselves in that role and to take the time to make sure they are as healthy as possible.
Thaxton was very gracious in volunteering his time to speak to the Mothers' Club and answering individual questions the moms in the group had.
Some of the questions included details about the new non-invasive body sculpting laser procedure which removes fat and contours the body without surgery that Thaxton offers at his office in Evans. While Thaxton admitted this may not be something everyone is interested in, he does offer this procedure along with a host of other services through his Advanced Medical Weight Loss practice. After a 30-year career of delivering babies and helping women, Thaxton continues to focus on the importance of women's health and overall well being.
The North Augusta Mothers' Club was honored to have Thaxton share his expertise with the group and looks forward to their next meeting in February which will be at the home of Brad and Mandy Pond.