- 5/19/2013 Shepard designs dream room
- 5/19/2013 Sue Jolly Award will honor student Mock Trial Team member
- 5/19/2013 Anglican Church to host homeless meeting
- 5/19/2013 North Augusta bookings
- 5/19/2013 Suspect sought in theft of Walmart cell phones
- 5/19/2013 STEMfest exposes students to principles of science, technology
- 5/19/2013 North Augusta crime blotter
- 5/19/2013 North Augusta High School hosts 309 student runners
- 5/19/2013 Predators fall to Knights in walk-off fashion
- 5/12/2013 Predators stumble against Knights, face uphill battle
- 5/12/2013 Lady Predators have to win to stay in
- 5/12/2013 Phil Schaefer reflects on North Augusta history
- 5/12/2013 North Augusta golf team’s season ends in Sumter
- 5/12/2013 NAHS grad named SEC Men’s Golf Freshman of the Year
- 5/12/2013 World’s No. 1 disc golfer pays a visit to Hippodrome
- 5/19/2013 Column: Downtown developments: Vacations less and less important
- 5/19/2013 Wrinkles: Recognizing mothers and angels
- 5/19/2013 Phragments from Phyllis: A mother’s a mother for the rest of her life
- 5/19/2013 Letter: Bring the troops home from Afghanistan
- 5/19/2013 Column: New PASS exams intended to benefit student performance
- 5/19/2013 Chaplain's corner: In his hand
- 5/12/2013 Column: The best of both borders
- 5/12/2013 Chaplain’s Corner: A mother’s joy
- 5/12/2013 Downtown developments: Bad customer service, part two
- 5/12/2013 Letter: Riverkeeper is a benefit to North Augustans
Sweetwater Baptist to host annual wild game supper
Sweetwater Baptist Church's seventh annual wild game supper, set for March 2, is to have one of the Southern Baptist Convention's most prominent leaders as its guest speaker.
The Rev. Dr. Paige Patterson, president of Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, in Fort Worth, Texas, is also a big-game hunter, having bagged more than 30 African species, and is to address the gathering.
Patterson's hunts have been in Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Zambia, South Africa and Botswana, among other countries, and his trophy room includes bears (grizzly and black), a lioness, baboon, deer, leopard, giraffe, zebra and warthog.
His background includes having served for two terms (1998-2000) as president of the Southern Baptist Convention. He and his wife, Dorothy, have served in various missionary and educational roles in more than 125 countries.
Admission to the Sweetwater event is free. On the menu are deer, flounder, quail, raccoon, rabbit, catfish stew, barbecue and alligator.
Plans are for the program to begin at 5 p.m. On the schedule is a presentation for kids in the gym by "Dan the Animal Man." The grand prize in a giveaway will be a camouflaged golf cart.
The church is in Edgefield County, at 198 Sweetwater Road, at Five Notch Road. Details are at 279-2821.