- 5/19/2013 Shepard designs dream room
- 5/19/2013 Sue Jolly Award will honor student Mock Trial Team member
- 5/19/2013 Anglican Church to host homeless meeting
- 5/19/2013 North Augusta bookings
- 5/19/2013 Suspect sought in theft of Walmart cell phones
- 5/19/2013 STEMfest exposes students to principles of science, technology
- 5/19/2013 North Augusta crime blotter
- 5/19/2013 North Augusta High School hosts 309 student runners
- 5/19/2013 Predators fall to Knights in walk-off fashion
- 5/12/2013 Predators stumble against Knights, face uphill battle
- 5/12/2013 Lady Predators have to win to stay in
- 5/12/2013 Phil Schaefer reflects on North Augusta history
- 5/12/2013 North Augusta golf team’s season ends in Sumter
- 5/12/2013 NAHS grad named SEC Men’s Golf Freshman of the Year
- 5/12/2013 World’s No. 1 disc golfer pays a visit to Hippodrome
- 5/19/2013 Column: Downtown developments: Vacations less and less important
- 5/19/2013 Wrinkles: Recognizing mothers and angels
- 5/19/2013 Phragments from Phyllis: A mother’s a mother for the rest of her life
- 5/19/2013 Letter: Bring the troops home from Afghanistan
- 5/19/2013 Column: New PASS exams intended to benefit student performance
- 5/19/2013 Chaplain's corner: In his hand
- 5/12/2013 Column: The best of both borders
- 5/12/2013 Chaplain’s Corner: A mother’s joy
- 5/12/2013 Downtown developments: Bad customer service, part two
- 5/12/2013 Letter: Riverkeeper is a benefit to North Augustans
News from the front porch Jan. 31
I had the most exceptional customer service experience at Office Depot in Martintown Plaza this past weekend.
Kathleen and Matt helped me with the perfect technology solution in a standard of excellence that made me feel they really cared. It is great to have a store like this in North Augusta that is dependable and reliable to handle electronic technology purchases with such a high level of skill and empathy.
I write this on the evening of another wonderful birthday. I have completely changed the way I look at birthdays. Instead of being down because of the number of candles on my cake, I celebrate another year of life and look forward to all the blessings in the year to come.
I am seeing God work more clearly in my life than ever. God has so completely answered my prayers in ways that were so far beyond anything that I could think of to ask that I am overflowing with his love and secure in his grace through Christ. I have seen him perfectly provide for me and my husband in ways that were already worked out before the need arose. His healing of both of us has been blissfully comprehensive and ongoing.
The biggest regret I have is ever worrying about anything. God says not to do it because it is unnecessary and we were not created to process worry. Worry has adverse side effects. It also hurts God because it is founded in unbelief. He has never let me down. His ways are so magnificent that I reap blessings just by meditating on them. He has accepted my small acts of faith, trust, and love for him through Christ and has given me back the deepest desires of my heart. The words "thank you" do not begin to express the appreciation I feel for such a spectacular and splendid God as I reflect on the intricate inlaid golden results of his love and guidance in the structure of my life.
"For you did form my inward parts; you did knit me together in my mother's womb. I will confess and praise you for you are fearful and wonderful, and for the awful wonder of my birth! Wonderful are your works, and that my inner self knows right well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was being formed in secret (and) intricately and curiously wrought (as if embroidered with various colors) in the depths of the earth ( a region of darkness and mystery). Your eyes saw my unformed substance and in your book all the days of my life were written before ever they took shape, when as yet there were none of them. How precious and weighty also are your thoughts to me, O God. How vast is the sum of them!" Psalm 139: 13-17 Amplified KJV
Dianne Brady is an author and speaker and can be reached at email@example.com.