- 5/19/2013 Shepard designs dream room
- 5/19/2013 Sue Jolly Award will honor student Mock Trial Team member
- 5/19/2013 Anglican Church to host homeless meeting
- 5/19/2013 North Augusta bookings
- 5/19/2013 Suspect sought in theft of Walmart cell phones
- 5/19/2013 STEMfest exposes students to principles of science, technology
- 5/19/2013 North Augusta crime blotter
- 5/19/2013 North Augusta High School hosts 309 student runners
- 5/19/2013 Predators fall to Knights in walk-off fashion
- 5/12/2013 Predators stumble against Knights, face uphill battle
- 5/12/2013 Lady Predators have to win to stay in
- 5/12/2013 Phil Schaefer reflects on North Augusta history
- 5/12/2013 North Augusta golf team’s season ends in Sumter
- 5/12/2013 NAHS grad named SEC Men’s Golf Freshman of the Year
- 5/12/2013 World’s No. 1 disc golfer pays a visit to Hippodrome
- 5/19/2013 Column: Downtown developments: Vacations less and less important
- 5/19/2013 Wrinkles: Recognizing mothers and angels
- 5/19/2013 Phragments from Phyllis: A mother’s a mother for the rest of her life
- 5/19/2013 Letter: Bring the troops home from Afghanistan
- 5/19/2013 Column: New PASS exams intended to benefit student performance
- 5/19/2013 Chaplain's corner: In his hand
- 5/12/2013 Column: The best of both borders
- 5/12/2013 Chaplain’s Corner: A mother’s joy
- 5/12/2013 Downtown developments: Bad customer service, part two
- 5/12/2013 Letter: Riverkeeper is a benefit to North Augustans
Local legion members honored at winter conference
The American Legion Department of South Carolina held their One Day Mid-Winter Conference in Columbia on Jan. 12.
The department chairman gave reports on Americanism, legislative, leadership, membership, constitution and bylaws, finance and national security.
Past department president Louise Winesett gave a report on the fall convention held in Indianapolis, Ind.
Theresa Hayes, department secretary, received a plaque from the national department for being the 2011-12 Auxiliary Member of the Year from South Carolina.
Linda Smiley, chairman of public relations for Unit 71, received a Certificate of Innovative Public Relations Activities Award for best practices in public relations in a unit.
Smiley, senior vice president and membership chairman, gave out certificates of recognition to 10 Units that reached 100 percent membership.
The units were: Abbeville Unit 2, the first to reach 100 percent; Bishopville Unit 29; Boiling Springs Unit 200; Columbia Unit 6; Effingham Unit 160; Lancaster Unit 31; Leesville Unit 142; North Augusta Unit 71; Westminister Unit 107; Woodruff Unit 33.