North Augusta blotter
• An Aiken man was arrested and jailed on April 24, having been found asleep inside a damaged vehicle at Atomic Road and East Martintown Road. Charges included driving under the influence and having an open container of alcohol. The responding officer found the transmission was still in drive and had its engine running. An open container of beer was in the center cup-holder. The driver failed sobriety tests and refused to give a breath sample.
• An employee of a variety store on Knox Avenue is a suspect in an April 27 case of breach of trust involving $645.52 in cash and items. The Augusta woman was accused of having provided unauthorized discounts for customers and of having skimmed money from gift cards.
• A North Augusta man was arrested and jailed on April 17 on a shoplifting charge involving $361 in CDs and DVDs from a variety store on Knox Avenue.
• An Augusta man was arrested and jailed on April 23 on charges of carrying a concealed weapon, driving without a license, possession of marijuana and possession of a controlled substance, after being noticed under the Fifth Street bridge in a van that was found to contain marijuana, “white rocks believed to be methamphetamine” and a loaded .22 pistol.
• A woman from Augusta was arrested and jailed on April 23 after an incident involving a variety store on Knox Avenue. Charges included shoplifting (involving $301.14 in items) and disturbing schools. Departure from the targeted store involved a ride with an unwitting driver who was paid $20 and an attempt to enter a nearby school once police were looking for the shoplifter.