Blotter for April 4
• A Greenwood man is a suspect in a case of larceny, involving lawn furniture valued at $1,530 being stolen from a home on Riverview Drive during the March 22-26 period.
• A Belvedere man is a suspect in a March 23 larceny on Georgia Avenue, involving the theft of two barricades, with a combined value of $300, from behind a business.
• A man from North Augusta, after a wreck on Plaza Place Drive, was arrested and jailed March 22 on charges of driving under the influence (second offense), simple possession of marijuana, leaving the scene of an accident and violating the seat-belt law. He smelled of alcohol, failed a sobriety test and was found to have a blood-alcohol percentage of .18. The vehicle involved, when the responding officer arrived, was still in reverse gear, had major damage to its front end and was missing the front tire on the passenger side.
• An Augusta man is a suspect in a case of shoplifting, involving a March 22 incident at a variety store on Knox Avenue, with $200.73 in DVDs having been removed. The suspect had four previous convictions for shoplifting.
• A North Augusta man was arrested and jailed March 25, after a wreck that ended in a ditch on West Martintown Road, on charges of driving under the influence and having an open container of alcohol. The driver, after failing sobriety tests, was found to have a blood-alcohol level of .23 percent.
• A larceny occurred March 20 on Austin Graybill Road, with the theft of $1,200 in leaf blowers - one an Echo brand and the other a Shindaiwa brand. The thief was described as a white male of medium build, standing about 5-foot-10. He left the scene heading toward Augusta on I-20, in a white Dodge Intrepid with South Carolina tag AKT 225.